15 August 2005

It's going to be almost another year before I see him again, I think. Unless we find some time in which to see each other between now and next tour. I'm just... I don't know, worried, I guess? That it'll end up the only time we ever see each other is at championships... Not that I have issues with writing letters or whatever, I like writing them and he likes getting them (so he told me Friday night) and it is a way to keep up with one another... But I like being able to see my friends.

There's a lot going through my head right now... I'm, like, stupidly excited/happy over getting a pair of sticks to practise my drumming... and not just because that means I can actually practise.

And so on Friday afternoon I went over to the Cavaliers' rehearsal facility (this is when I received said sticks), got there about the time they were breaking for lunch... so I had an hour in which to talk with him, catch up on things, all that stuff... And we were talking about various things, me wanting to age-out in Phantom's tenor line if that's possible, and he had a spare pair of sticks which he gave me so I can practise.

Then on Friday night after the show, I went out to where the busses were parked mostly with intent to find the girl in Bluecoats who I went to high school with (and maybe find some Phantom kids to meet and see the aforememtioned Cavalier for the inevitable good-bye) and about the time I finally got over there they were telling them to "get on the bus!" so that didn't quite work out. Moving on. So instead of having just a minute or so to talk to each person/group I wanted to see I had a few more minutes now.

So I visited with him more. Just a few words, as they were loading the equipment truck, and then a somewhat extended good-bye.






... I didn't want to let him go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home