20 February 2005

Well, I didn't go to get that job. I guess I'll just live off my refund cheque for a while, and be thankful that my parents pay for my gas. Thanks parents!

The rest of this post stems from my comment in Chels' blog.

Shit happens. Shit happens and it happens to people who are good at what they do. There are at least 3 people who were, in my opinion, unfairly cut last month. That was shit that happened to people who are good at what they do.

And I realised... At this point, I probably couldn't have gone to another junior corps without knowledge that I would have either A) a spot, or B) a very good chance of getting a spot. If I was to still play mello.

So it's very lucky that I'll be able to march this summer with the Renegades. In Texas and most of the surrounding area, there are corps that I know nothing or next to nothing about, or they're wee baby corps. I'm not too keen on going to either one, esp. with it's a wee baby corps that I know nothing about.

After this summer, I'll have three years at the corps of my choice. It probably won't be Crossmen, though. I'm not sure if I could go back there very well knowing that I was cut just because of a few fuckups in a memorisation check that was the basis of my membership. I don't like that individual performance alone constituted the cut.

I'm just not entirely sure where I will go. It could be any number of corps. I'd like to age out in a top 12 corps, but if that doesn't happen I'll be okay with it. As long as I get to age out. I don't want my last year of junior corps to have been the first one.

New people. New place. New horn. New music. A new chapter is beginning, starting with a new year of my life and a new direction in drum corps. I'm going west.

So the chapter closes. I had my stint with Crossmen. I'm finished with that, and I'm putting it away to be taken out later and read, whether it be with joy or sadness. There's been a mixture of both in the last year.

I'm done, guys. No more questioning where I stand due to mixed messages. No more flights to New Jersey. No more Crossmen, and no more YEA. Thanks anyways.

I'm starting all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home