07 February 2005

This... is not cool.

No, it didn't happen tonight, thankfully. I think it's because my hair is now reddish-blond instead of cranberry/dark red/brunet.

I'm still 17 at this point. I'll be 18 on the 27th -- 20 days.

Some time ago, don't remember exactly but it has to have happened since mid-December. I went to the bookstore a lot. Mostly to sit out on the "balcony" and talk with my godmom. And there's this guy who also sits outside on the porch at BAM, but on the "patio" part of it (yes, it's divided up into 3 sections).

He's 59 years old.

He thinks it's fine to date a 14 year old. He thinks it's fine to hit on a 17 year old, even when it clearly makes her uncomfortable.

I'm not his type because my hair is a dark reddish kind of brunet colour. It's not even the colour my hair is naturally! (And the reason I change the colour of my hair is because after I get tan, my face and hair are so similar in colour that it looks ridiculous.)

I resent that kind of thing. I mean, someone taking note that someone else is attractive is different than hitting on someone. I'm fine with people on DCP saying that I'm attractive. I'm not fine with this 59 year old guy hitting on me.

It's not cool, guys.

And, okay, I might not say anything about except he also does this to others. Almost every time I've been there with one of "the group" and he's been there, he's done it. To one of us. While they may see it as "Oh, that's just the way he is"... It's more than just that. Doesn't matter if he's 59 or 29. I still see a problem with hitting on someone you know is not only not interested but is also not the age of consent yet.

That's all I have to say about it... And what brought this on is some of the shit that's been going on other places with other people. Otherwise it probably would have never been said.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea Strong said...

yay for females

16:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home