25 December 2004

If you will . . .

I need sponsorships, if you will...

If I'm going to be marching with Crossmen this summer, I'm going to need to find a way to pay for it.

As I've mentioned in my previous entry, my family doesn't have a lot of money. It's going to be really hard to pay my way this year. (Not that it was exactly easy to last year either.)

I'll be going around to local businesses and people who are family friends to ask for help, but I don't know how much help I'll be able to get. Last year I got a little over $300 in sponsorships/rehearse-a-thon money*.

This year is going to cost more than last year. (Even if I was with Blue Stars.) I'm trying to find work in order to pay part of it myself, but it's still not going to be enough. I need whatever help I can get. I have to fly to every camp because I live in Texas, not Pennsylvania or New Jersey, and the trip from home to camp is something like a 24-hour drive. (Okay, according to Mapquest it's 20h 7min.) Flying from Texarkana never costs less than $300 a flight, I assume because TXK is a regional airport and the only two airlines it flies are Continental and American Airlines (American Eagle operated flights).

So I added up approximate airfare costs (going with ~$350 a ticket) and camp/tour/other dues & fees associated with the corps, and my total came out to around $5000.

And that's just the fees/dues alone. If I want other money to use for things such as bandaids, or tampons, or whatever I might end up needing during the summer when we make our Generic-Superstore runs, I'll need more money than that. This money, however, I plan to provide of my own earnings. So don't worry about that.

I suspect this summer will end up costing me between $5000 and $6000. I don't plan to spend much other money aside from dues and fees, but there are always times that you just might need something. (i.e. toothpaste or a pit stick.)

So... if you will... please sponsor me! In any way you can help... I seriously appreciate it. :)

Rehearse-A-Thon = one of the fundraisers Blue Stars does every year, we send out letters asking people to donate a few cents per minute that we march (total 1000 minutes) on a specific day of hell weeks. More than half the sponsorship money I got came from this, but it didn't help pay my tour dues because R-A-T was money to be raised in addition to the tour fees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home